I know that there is a plethora of websites/blogs etc. that will list technical interview questions with answers. My focus here is to keep a running list of questions as they pop up in my mind.
1. How would you reverse a string most economically (Space and Time)? How would you test this?
2. How would you program a Fibonacci Series/Factorial? Recursively and Non-recursively? What are the pros and cons of both approaches?
3. What is the difference between passing parameters by value and by reference to a method?
4. Do you know pointers? What they mean and represent?
5. What is an Interface in OO parlance?
1. Difference between Overrides and Overloads.
2. Difference between Overrides and Shadows. (This is not easy)
3. What is the difference between a Function and Sub?
SQL SERVER 2000 Specific.
1. What is the difference between the following SQL Statements:
a. SELECT @MyVar = Column1 FROM MyTable
b. SET @MyVar = (SELECT Column1 FROM MyTable)
1. What is the most technically challenging project you have ever worked on?
2. What is the work that you are most proud of? Why?
3. What is your faviourite Dilbert Cartoon?
4. Why do you want to work here?
5. Why are you looking?
6. Which is your faviourite Programming Language? Why? Second faviourite?
7. Which is your faviourite Database? Why? Second faviourite?
8. What positive feedback did you recieve in your last review? What were some of the areas to improve?